Monday, March 31, 2008

Personal Sock Challenge

I made a goal for myself at the beginning of the year and never really told anyone about it. However, I seem to be doing a fine job with it so far, so I can tell y'all about it.

I want to complete at least one pair of socks every month this year. The goal is very loosely stated in that there really aren't any major rules involved. The socks do not have to be for me (though that is the primary purpose) and they do not have to follow any particular specifications other than to have been completed. In other words, it doesn't matter how many pairs I have on the needles and it doesn't matter when I started them, I just have to cast-off and weave in the ends of one pair of socks each month.

On this last day of March 2008, I will state publicly that I am on track. In January I completed a pair of socks for DH, in February there were 2 pairs for me, and in March there was a pair for Mom and a pair for me.

April should be easy, as I have 2 pairs halfway done already. One pair includes a completed sock and the other pair includes one completed sock and one that is about a third done and should go fast.

Can you tell that I love to knit socks? I have a desire to make some other stuff right now, but I want to always have at least one pair of socks on the needles at all times. They are portable and the most likely item to actually be appreciated and used. Also? I currently own enough sock yarn to knit over 60 pairs of socks, and I am in several sock clubs for the year. That's a lot of sock yarn.

No comments: