Saturday, September 22, 2007

FO Report!

The Trellis is complete! Okay, it still needs buttons. But I know me...once buttons are on, I will forget to take a picture and will send it off to be given to it's intended recipient. So here is a picture of it blocking.
This is a really cool pattern. It took a lot longer than any other baby sweater I have made, but I like the finished product. The hardest part was all of the seed stitch. That is not something I do very quickly. Also, the collar instructions did not make a ton of sense to me at first, but I finally understood. If I were to do it over again, I would pick up the stitches as I went rather than attaching the collar when complete, but it's really fine either way.
Anyhow, it is now blocking and I need to figure out the button situation. This is one of those things where I don't want the buttons to overtake the pattern, but I also don't want them to be boring. I'll have to do some searching with the sweater on hand for comparison.
Now that this is done, I can get back to the jacket for Bugs. I think it has been in time out for long enough...

No comments: