Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Project on the Horizon

A friend as work asked me to make a knitted item for her. She will be in a wedding and wanted something to cover her arms in the evening and found this horrific poncho type thing that she thought would work. I guess it wasn't that bad, but totally not my style. Anyhow, I discussed it with her a bit more and suggested a shrug. She had never heard of such a thing, so we went on a little internet search.

Literally the second thing we looked at was exactly perfect! Here it is: http://www.magknits.com/July07/patterns/jellyfish.htm. She hadn't considered such a thing, but I explained that it was way better because taking it off wouldn't mess up her hair. Not that she needed to be sold on it...it was exactly what she didn't know she wanted but now must have.

It looks like a fun and challenging project and perfect for the weather whe will be in. She is going to go yarn shopping and then I will get started. I'm totally excited. This isn't my first commissioned project, but it's still cool that people want me to knit things for them.

No comments: