Saturday, July 7, 2007

Shapely Tank Update

I should be finished with the front in just a few hours, max. This is the part that is so hard for me...I usually knit things in the round, so I'm getting the equivalent of Second Sock Syndrome here! I just want a finished product, but I don't feel like doing miles of stockinette for the back.

The one thing I have going for me is that I adore the yarn and the color and I think I will love the finished product. One knitting secret I haven't told anyone? I am not crazy in love with any of the items I have finished for myself. I have 2 tops, one is a wool sweater and one is a cotton tank. I like them both, but they are not at the top of my list of favorite clothes. This makes me sad.

I haven't figured out why I feel this way about them. Maybe I feel awkward wearing something I made? I am kind of an introvert, so I don't really want the attention. I don't know.

We'll see if I feel the same way when this tank is finished. If I don't, I'll know it's just that I don't adore the others. If I do, well, we'll see.

Now I just have to get to knitting and hope I finish soon. I do have one other big worry right now...I'm a little freaked that I may run out of yarn. It's a fairly valid concern, since I'm cutting it close. Fingers are crossed!

Now for the big question/issue...do I spend all day knitting or do I take some time to go do errands and chores? It's so easy to pass these things up in favor of knitting and watching TV. I really need to go to Costco and the grocery store...

No comments: