Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Welcome!

I think it's finally time for me to take the plunge and start a blog. So here I am. My name is Sunny (not really, but that's who y'all know me as) and I am a knitter. I have only been a knitter for just over a year, but it has become an addiction and a passion and something I use to define myself.Beyond being a knitter, I am also a wife, a daughter, a bookworm, a gambler, a procrastinator, a workaholic, an insomniac, and too many other things to list. Hence, this blog may not always focus on knitting. Sorry `bout that.

I feel like I should establish some blog goals here, but I'm quite certain I will not always remember to follow through. Oh well. My main goal is to discuss the projects I am planning, working on, and have completed. I have become a fairly prolific knitter and yet I only have a very few pictures of my FOs. This is because I am usually so excited to give the FO to whomever it is intended for that I forget to take a picture. *sigh* For example, last Christmas I made the following (that I remember) and have almost no pictures:
  • Baby sweater
  • Toddler sweater
  • Kid sweater
  • Scarf
  • Backpack (felted)
  • 7-10 pairs of Felted Clogs (I don't remember how many)
That is what? About 15 FOs? And no pics? Nice.So, one of my goals is to use a camera and show off pictures of my knitting. And to do so, I need to confiscate the older digital camera from my husband. He has a snappy new one, so I think he won't mind. I just need to find it. Now here's the bad news...I am a terrible photographer. My husband is a fabulous photographer. So I may need to tap into him for this. We'll see.

Woah! See what I did there? I went off about knitting and got way off the topic of Welcome! What else can I say here? Oh yeah. I am 30 (recently turned) and married, no kids. And there won't be any. We just don't want them. But we do have 3 rotten dogs and 1 evil cat. My MIL lives with us but is moving out in a few days. I am really upset about this...she is a wonderful person and a great friend/roommate.

I am very close to my parents. I talk to my mom on the phone at least a couple of times a day, and I usually go on vacation with them. My mom is the recipient of most of my knitted socks. I do have just a few close friends; I'm not one of those people with a slew of friends. My best friend has been so since we were about 14, and even though we are very different, we maintain our friendship to this day. She now has a daughter (20 months old) who receives more of my knitting than anyone. I also have a little niece and nephew whom I adore and like to knit for. But they are bigger than than the baby and therefore do not fit the instant gratification bill like the little one for FOs. Also, their mom is likely to ruin anything handwash, so I don't knit for them much.

Okay, now I'm going to call this post done. Mainly because I keep having to rewind The Closer because I am not paying enough attention to it! Oh yeah, did I mention that I am a TV addict? There will be plenty to discuss here, I'm sure.

-Sunny

3 comments:

Hollis said...

To the non-knitter, what is FO?

Anonymous said...

honey I love your blog. You are a very special person,mom.
will be reading and commenting on it all, you know I will.

Sunny said...

Welcome mom! I'm so glad you are reading! Love you bunches...