Sunday, July 15, 2007

Shapely Tank Update

It is so close to done! It is all knit and seamed up. Now I have to weave in the ends and do some fort of edging on the neck line and arms. I may try my hand at a crochet edge...not that I have ever crocheted or anything! But I have a book and the internet. The pattern suggests a knitted edge, but I don't think I want that.

Anyhow, I will finish it over the next few evenings at the most. Originally I wanted to finish it for work tomorrow, but I realize now that the straps are too thin to fit dress code, so there is no hurry.

I will probably make this pattern again soon, but with alterations. First, I think I could figure out how to knit it in the round pretty easily. Also, I will probably make the straps wider so I can wear it to work. I may also add a couple more short rows.

Anyhow, I am thrilled. I finally knit something that fits well. And the color is great.

Oh, and a quick update on the weekend chores. I did complete them. The pedicure took a ridiculous amount of time. They were busy and I sat in a chair soaking my feet for 45 minutes before they finally started. *sigh* But that is where I completed the bulk of my knitting and they did a great job on my toes. I also got my grocery shopping completed, so DH and I can eat this week. Yay for food!

Now I'm off to bed to start a busy week. Lots of stuff going on, so we'll see how it all goes! As for knitting, once I completely finish the tank, I will work on mom's second sock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget pictures this time!

Anonymous said...

What color is the tank? Did I miss that? Marcia

Sunny said...

I am going to try desperately to remember to post a picture! DH seems to have misplaced the old camera, so I will have to find the new one. I will put up a pic as soon as it is totally finished.

As for color, I don't know that I remembered to say that at any point! It is called "Burnished Clay". Kind of a copper color with a slight sheen. Very pretty color.

Oh, and welcome Marcia! Dino, Deacon, and Daisy say hello to Spart and Casey.

Amy Lane said...

Would love to see a picture, but I'm a pretty pictureless blog myself, so no complaints--crochet is pretty easy...think of it as using a hook to do a perpetual 2 or 3 layered bind off, and you'll be fine...