Wednesday, July 4, 2007

On The Needles

I have a tendency, like so many others, to have a lot of projects going at any given moment. Right now I have the following:

Uniscarfity (http://magknits.com/Nov06/patterns/uniscarfity.htm) for DH. Making this out of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, and it's about half done. I can't bring myself to work with wool during 100 degree days.

Kew (http://www.knitty.com/issuefall06/PATTkew.html) for mom. Using some beautiful cranberry wool. I don't remember the brand, but it is mildly variegated and really nice. I completed one and started the other and have a small case of Second Sock Syndrome.

Swimsuit wrap that I am making up as I go for mom. It is garter stitch with a YO 2 stitches in on each side with the occasional random increases. It is out of a cheapo finger weight purple yarn and using size 11 KnitPicks Options needles. I've increased enough that each row takes a while to complete and I'm seriously bored with this project. Mom wants it finished though, so I will keep plugging away. I wanted to make a really cool lace one from the Summer 07 IK, but she wanted garter stitch. BORING!

Shapely Tank (http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lpullovers/fbcprintx.html) for myself. I am using Elann Endless Summer Luna in Burnished Clay. I adore this yarn. I am using the pattern at the suggestion of my LYS owner and I like it so far except that it is not knit in the round and I'm not a huge fan of purling. I prefer to knit in the round. Anyhow, I actually reclaimed this yarn from a tank I knit a few months ago that did not fit right. It was a little too big. Unravelling was challenging since I am really good at weaving in ends! But it happened, and I am on the waist shaping portion of the front of the tank.

Jacket for my niece. I don't have a link to the pattern, but I am making it out of Elsebeth Lavold Angora. So far, the yarn is just a bit too light so I may rip it out and use a double strand. It's a super fast pattern and the yarn is so soft. I've made several mistakes and had to frog a lot though, so starting over may be a good plan.

Cardigan for Arwen from the Winter 07 IK. I am making this out of a dark navy wool from elann. I made the baby version for my friend's little girl, so the cable pattern is easy for me at this point. But again, knitting with wool is a bit hot right now.

I probably have a few other UFOs in the yarn closet, but I don't remember what.

The project I am spending the most time on right now is the Shapely Tank. Hopefully I will finish it soon... I really want to wear it. The color looks great on me and the pattern looks like it may work for me.

No comments: