Saturday, July 7, 2007

What I Did Today

It was a fairly boring but productive day. I finished the front of the Shapely Tank early this afternoon and then headed out to run errands. My errands consisted of the following:

Library - Dropped off some books
Cigarette store - Obvious
Quiznos - Little sandwich since I was starving
Bed Bath & Beyond - Toaster oven and accessories
Ulta - Hair color (gotta keep up on the red!) and mousse and some clearance body wash
Grocery store - About a zillion dollars in groceries

We really spend way too much on groceries. I am big on convenience type stuff since we are both busy and convenience items help ensure that we will pack lunch. But still! I need to figure out a way to cut back some. The biggest expense right now is that DH doesn't have a ton of time to eat his lunch but he always finds time for drinkables. So, I spend a fortune in liquids for him. Things like Gatorade and smoothies and protein drinks. Also, we like the good lunch meat, and that crap is EXPENSIVE!

Anyhow, back to the knitting content...

I casted on for the back of the Shapely Tank and I am wondering how soon I will finish. The front was just a couple of evenings, really, so I may have it done by the middle of the week if I work at it. I just have to hope I don't run out of yarn.

Also, I got some snappy sock yarn in the mail. Yay! All Lorna's Laces solids. Some are just single skeins, but there is plenty in a single skein for short socks or kid socks. One item is a kit for an ugly pair of socks with beads. I like the yarn and I may use the beads if I do the Mystery Stole 3 project, but I would not knit the pattern the kit was meant for.

Anyhow, not much more to report. I will be up late tonight waiting for a call from my kitty's vet. My kitty has been kind of sick and I am waiting for the results of her blood test. The vet has been swamped all day, so the call may come as late as midnight. Fortunately, I am a night owl and I have plenty of knitting and TV to keep me occupied.

No comments: